Hey there sports fans, Sam here with the second half of the alphabet trivia quiz of baby animal names. Take a go and have some fun with it.
And the answers, please…
- Eft (more like WTH!) – and we’re not talking Exchange Traded Funds here either, people. Talk about baffling, what…calf or pup wasn’t available?!
- Joey (so do they call baby girl possums Josie?)
- Chick/peachick – This one made me chuckle but it stands to reason since the mom’s are called peahens and the dad’s are peacocks. Go figure…zoology is weird like that sometimes.
- Chick (so do you think baby boy quails are called dudes?)
- Calf and clearly one that only a mother could love. Yikes!!
- The nemesis of most dogs is named after…wait for it…dogs and cats – which seems almost farcical since these tree rats are known as…pups, kits or kittens. Kind of gives us dogs and cats a bad rap, doesn’t it?
- Calf – I’m beginning to see a trend in the bottom half of the alphabet.
- Joey – Same question as #3…for those curious of us for whom gender identification matters.
- Calf – Why am I not surprised? There sure were a lot of calves in the second half of the alphabet-it’s as if they ran out of clever names like dog, pup, pooch, hound, etc.
- Colt/foal – Whichever color the stripes are (black or brown), those little guys are adorably cute.
Well…how’d you do? We kind of got stuck after a while and just said calf for most of the answers. 😉
Live, love, bark! ❤