It’s Tuesday so that means it’s time for some trivia! Sam here, mom’s got a touch of laryngitis so I offered to do this week’s trivia (bwahaha, she couldn’t argue when I grabbed the laptop because she’s a bit croaky so I think I’m gonna love the next few days of peace and quiet and no scolding from her).
So here is this week’s ‘All About Dogs” trivia questions with the answers listed below. See how many you get correct.
- Do you know the breed of dog first known as the Rothbury Terrier?
- Which dog is considered barkless but who actually makes a noise much like a yodeling Swiss Mountain climber?
- What breed of dog has a black tongue while every other known dog’s tongue is pretty in pink?
- What was the name of the dog from “The Grinch Who Stole Christmas”?
- What is the smallest breed of dog as recognized by the AKC?
- If you got the smallest breed, do you know the largest dog breed recognized by the AKC?
- What inspired the Chewbacca character from Star Wars? [hint, it was George Lucas’ what?]
- Do you know why dogs and wolves yawn?
- Here’s an easy one…Dalmatians born with what color?
- Ok, here’s a harder one…what breed is the state dog of North Carolina? I’m gonna have to find out why Colorado doesn’t seem to have a state dog. What’s up with that?!
- What breed appeared in the Guinness Book of World Records as the rarest dog in the world for 3 consecutive years in the early 1970’s?
- Name the breed of dog on Columbo’s TV series?
- While we’re on TV shows, what was the name of the dog on “The Partridge Family”? That’s a hard one.
- What’s the name of the dog on the Cracker Jack box?
- And finally, do dogs favor one paw (left or right) over the other?
And now…drum roll please…here are the answers!
- The Basenji who produces an unusual yodel-like sound commonly called a ‘barroo,’ resulting from its unusually shaped larynx.
- The Bedlington Terrier (you could have fooled me).
- Chow chow (I think Martha Stewart’s tongue is jet black too).
- Max (I don’t get it-is that some kind of inside joke amongst you bipeds?).
- The Chihuahua naturally…those little puplets are only 6-9″ tall at the shoulders and weigh anywhere from 2-6 lbs. Talk about ankle biters!
- The Irish Wolfhound who stands 30-35 inches at the shoulder and weighs anywhere from 105-125 lbs. minimum and officially the tallest of all dogs though not the heaviest. Mom’s daughter has two of them and boy are they big! Loki is my best running buddy but I have to double time it to keep up with her because like all sight hounds…she’s fast (no, I mean, really. really. fast)!
- George Lucas’ dog Indiana, an Alaskan Malamute.
- Yawning is a sign of contentment.
- White. They get their spots 3-4 weeks following their birth.
- The Plott Hound. Say what?
- The Shar-Pei.
- A Basset Hound (and the poor thing had no name).
- Simone. Wait, what? Simone, seriously?
- The iconic snack food box displays Sailor Jack with his dog, Bingo.
- Dogs are like people in that yes, they totally have a dominant paw like their human counterparts. The Institute for the Study of Animal Problems connected tests on cats and dogs that showed they are either right or left-handed. Then there are some of us who are ambidextrous meaning we can get in trouble every which way! 😉
Well I hope you enjoyed those interesting facts and win the trivia bowl at your neighborhood pub. Have a groovy Tuesday Trivia.
Live, love, bark! ❤